Wednesday, April 6, 2011

day three: fruit platter, sunflower seeds & dirty laundry




Good afternoon, good afternoon.


I fell asleep on the sofa at the Green House again. Adam stayed up all night reading articles on his iMac in his new cave-office under the staircase. How can someone go without sleep and have energy the next day? Oh, what caffeine will do...
Morning prayer at the Wesley went well today. Eryn, my neighbor, has been coming too.
After the prayer, Michael talked to me about the many Christian community living groups in urban neighborhoods throughout the U.S. He told me to consider taking an internship at such a place when I graduate. I am interested...
Family Breakfast was at Robert's house. Eryn and I were late from talking with Michael after group liturgy. But no matter.
The three of us ate Robert's hardy oatmeal and Eryn's fruit platter of sliced apples, oranges and strawberries. I sliced two over-ripe bananas that I found on the counter. This breakfast, shared with two good friends and a cup of coffee, is an ideal start to any morning...

In Robert's front yard, the dogwood tree is pruned and blooming its delicate white blossoms. They smell soft and fresh like laundry detergent. The tree is a pretty thing to look at through the kitchen window while eating breakfast... Robert gave me a handful of sunflower seeds to scatter in a place that will not be mowed. He said they flourish in areas where the soil is poor, which is why one should not buy land that has sunflower on it, if planning to grow food or graze livestock...
And now I find myself back at the Green House, doing laundry and homework. Once my jeans dry, I am going across the street to campus to pay my Bursar bill (thanks Sheila!).
I have much work to do. And I intend to be productive... I wonder where I will toss my seeds today. Jordonious

No comments:

Post a Comment